Saturday, December 5, 2009

Banana Bread Recipe

Good Evening All, Les thought that it would be nice if I published the Banana Bread Recipe for anyone who would like to give it a try. We all have different versions of our favorite foods and if you are like me, I always want to try something new. I don't always get to do that, but I want to. So, here goes.

Banana Walnut Loaf

3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup shortening.
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs.
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed banana.
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups all-purpose flour

Mix sugar, shortening and eggs, beat until light. Add mashed banana. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and soda. Stir into creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Add walnuts. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on rack, makes 1 loaf.

Now my, only modifications to the above is that I do not put in 1 cup of walnuts, I put in about a 1/2 of cup and if I have more then 1 cup of banana, I put the extra in as well. Enjoy.

Les has been working on my blog all day today, adding things and improving the look. My header picture is our pond, it doesn't look so great this time of year, but we will give you updates. The white house in the back is not ours, its a fairly new house, maybe 4 years old, nice neighbors. Well if you live in the Mid-Atlantic states my guess is that you are getting snow. It has been snowing for about 6 1/2 hours now. The snow is heavy, we even had a mini blackout a while ago. No plowing (I think it caught them off guard) and I noticed that a mini van is stuck across the street from our house. It could not get up the hill, sure how it doesn't get hit if the plows come by. I measured the snow in three places and took the average, 5.33 inches, and this was suppose to be a 1-3 inch with nothing sticking on the roads!! Well, I have few blogs to read and then maybe watch a movie. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment