Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baking and Shoveling

Yes, that is what I did this weekend. And, thankfully it was more baking then shoveling. Here is Williams Township, PA we got 8 inches of snow and yes, the snow blower was already to go, not like two weeks ago when we did it all by shovel. But, while the snow was falling yesterday I got into baking. Not sure how much more I will do, as there is only two of us and how much can we eat. Or should I say how much should we eat. But, on to the baking, I made Peanut Blossoms and Hungarian Coffe Cake. The Peanut Blossoms were a requested from Les and the coffee cake I thought would be nice to have with a cup of tea and a cold and blustery night (like tonight). I thought that I would post the receipe for the Peanut Blossoms first and then post the coffee cake receipe in a day or so along with information on my on-line store. So, here goes, it is so easy.

1 14ounce can of condensed milk, NOT evaporated
3/4 to 1 cup of Peanut Butter (I use one cup)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of Bisquick Baking Mix
1 bag of Hershey Kisses, milk or dark chocolate


Preheat oven to 350. In large mixer bowl beat milk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add biscuit mix, mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour. After the dough has chilled, shape into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on a ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, no longer. Immediately after taking from oven, press a milk or dark chocolate, Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Enjoy!! Time for a tea and cookie break.

No comments:

Post a Comment