Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Post

I'm new to blog land, so any mistakes that I make, please let me know. I read so many blogs and really enjoyed them. So....I got to thinking this might be something I would like to try. My husband came up with the my blog name, as many things go on in ginnysyard. We have lived here in Pennsylvania 21 years and have always had ducks/geese from day one. Right now we have five ducks, four of which were hatched in the chicken coop a.k.a Duck Hilton as one of our neighbors call it and one Pekin who was dropped off here. We also have currently Mr. & Mrs. Goose (Canada) and five goslings. Having a one acre pond allows Mr. & Mrs. to return every year and raise their family. So, enough about the wildlife (don't worry you will hear more). One of my favorite blogs is The Cinnamon Stick and The Herbal Bouquet. My husband and I were able to visit with Judy this past Saturday for her Herbal Faire. What a great place. I picked up four different herbs to plant, Lavender, Rose Geranium, Lemon Verbena, and Pineapple Sage. We are in the process of building raised beds for the yard, but have been seriously delayed due to our rainy weather in Pa. Our one raised bed from last year has my snow peas planted in it and I also might add, doing very well. Southerwood, Tansy, Lemon Balm and Spearmint or all growing like weeds as well. Well, I think I have gone on long enough for my first post and I hope that you have enjoyed it and will return to ginnysyard.

1 comment:

  1. Ginny, Love your NEW blog! It is great! You are going to have so much fun blogging and you would not believe how nice fellow bloggers are..great people! How lucky that you got to meet Judy and see her shop...it is on my to-do list!
    I look forward to reading more of your posts on your blog.
    ~~Patti~~

    ReplyDelete