Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chicken Dinner

Good Saturday Evening All, I had to post and tell you about the great dinner (if I say so myself) that we had. I picked up a Oven Ready Perdue Chicken Breast the other day and thought that I would give it a try. Here is the best part (I think) you can roast this chicken while it is frozen!! It comes in what I think looks like a bowling bag, with Perdue's yellow and blue colors on the bag. The chicken is inside of this bag in a roasting bag all seasoned.  You place the frozen chicken in a baking pan for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours at 400 degrees, let it rest for 10 minutes and then enjoy. It was sooooo good, the skin on the breast got nice and crispy and the seasonings were good. I added to the chicken to round out the meal, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce and hot biscuits. Les said he could eat this meal every week!! I forgot to mention that the chicken breat was 3#'s whihc was plenty for us with some leftovers. I hope everyoine is enjoying their weekend. It has been very, very cold here in PA, suppose to get better just in time for everyone to go back to work. Can Spring be that far away??

No comments:

Post a Comment