Yes, today July 15, 2011 two things are happening. St. Swithin Day, St.Swithin's Day, if ye do rain, for forty days it will remain.
Then, it is the Full Buck Moon. Named that because it arrived when male deer started growing new antlers. Also, called Full Thunder Moon and Full Hay Moon.
All of the above provided by The Old Farmer's Almanac & me.
Hoping that you have a wonderful weekend and try and get out to see that Full Buck Moon this evening, I know I will.
Bread For The Journey
-
*Photo Credit: Kayla Krahn*
When I read Psalm 23 I like to read it in the King James version. Maybe
it's because that is how I memorized it years ago. No...
18 hours ago
The full moon has been so pretty this weekend...thanks for sharing the background on its name!
ReplyDeleteJust saw 2 deer in my yard and I live in a big city with no nearby parks. In the 22 years I've lived here, I've never seen deer. They were eating my flowers and one was a buck with new antlers.
ReplyDeleteCindy
I always try to keep track of the full moons. The weather doesn't always cooperate, and even if it does I don't always have time to photograph the moon, but when I do ... what a treat!
ReplyDelete