Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ducks, Geese, Peepers, Oh My!!

Well Spring is here. Boy, it was a long Winter, I know I have heard this many, many people. But, here in Ginnysyard Spring is Springing up all over the place. For the last seven or eight days we have had a pair of Canada geese, and a pair of Mallards on the pond. I'm sure they are checking us out to see if our pond is fit to raise their young ones.  Other then cutting grass around the pond, which won't be happening for a while (I hope) the wildlife will nest in peace and quite. Also, peepers (little frogs) have been singing their little song for a few nights now, we have heard them in the surrounding ponds and I sure it won't be long before they are singing in our backyard as well. Daffodils are blooming as well!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Ginny - I am anxious for a picture of your pond with "SPRING" bursting out all over - and a few feathered friends too!! I do think winter is gone as we got the bill from our "plow guy" and that is our official notice that winter is over!!! (big smile) !! Have a great week...sending many hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny!

    I do remember you have ducks - you were very helpful last year with some info about them.

    Sounds lke spring is in your neck of the woods too!

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginny thanks for coming by Dog Trot Farm, I have enjoyed reading through your blog and see we have a lot in common, I will be back! Don't ya just love the sounds of Spring!

    ReplyDelete